Other Pestdude Sites
Wood Destroying Insects
Stored Product Pests
Fleas and Ticks
Rats and Mice
Choosing a Pest Mgt. Professional
Or you can just ask Pestdude
CONTROL OF STORED PRODUCT PESTS
Sanitation is the key component to the control of Stored Product Pests. You should do the following things to make sure an infestation of these insects does not occur:
- Immediate cleanup and removal of spilled product.
- Immediate removal of all contaminated material.
- Proper grounds maintenance to reduce pest source and attractiveness.
|Prevention is another important key element in the control of Stored Product Pests and they include the following: |
- Inspecting all incoming items for Stored Product Pests.
- Making sure the building is in good sound physical condition to reduce entry.
- Making sure there is adequate ventilation (many Stored Product Pests require a minimum moisture content in their food to survive).
Proper storage includes the following: |
- Do not store items on the floor.
- If stored on shelves, that the shelves are wire, instead of wood.
- If stored on pallets, that the pallets are at least 18 inches from wall.
- All torn packaging be repaired or replaced.
- Do not store items for extended periods of time, especially flour-like products or dry dog foods.